Durango's Historic Train and Lodging Package
Start with one of Durango's great lodging options, from Victorian historic elegance to budget oriented value and from hotels to cabins, condos and vacation homes, there is something for every family. Options include the Best Western Rio Grande Inn & Suites, Cascade Village Hotel, Days End, Holiday Inn, Iron Horse Inn, the General Palmer Hotel, The Strater Hotel and many more.
The next morning you'll ride the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, which winds through the spectacular and breathtaking canyons in the remote wilderness of the two million acre San Juan National Forest. You will relive history with the sights and sounds of yesteryear on this 1882 adventure from Durango to Silverton, Colorado. The coal-fired, steam-operated locomotives are maintained in their original 1923-1925 vintage condition. In Durango, take time to enjoy the Railroad Museum, located in the rail yard roundhouse featuring full-size locomotives, maps, photos, artwork, memorabilia, and authentic collectibles. While in Silverton, visit the Freight Yard Museum at the depot to learn about the history of the Rio Grande Railway as a freight line.
You will return to Durango late afternoon to enjoy some leisure time and a fabulous dinner in town.
Note: Train tickets for children under 5 are free if seated on an adult's lap. If a seat is required, you must purchase a child's ticket.
Package may not available over the Labor Day Weekend.
- Train Rides
- Mesa Verde Tour
- Doggie Day Care
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Evening Shows
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Hot Springs Soak
- Spa Treatments
- Horseback Riding
- Guided Fly and Lake Fishing
- Dining Reservations
- 4WD Tours
- Old Hundred Gold Mine Tours
- Segway Guided Tours
- Zip-Line Adventures
This fantastic getaway package offers value and convenience by combining your choice of lodging, ranging from the Old West town of Durango or the scenic high country, with round trip tickets on the historic Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
• Lodging in Durango at your choice of several different lodging properties, ranging from historic downtown to the scenic high country (Please note: train tickets are not included in room rate).
• Round-trip tickets on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
• Entrance into both the Durango and Silverton railroad museums.
• Add extra nights to your trip (in Durango, Silverton, Ouray, or Cortez).
• Add other activities to your trip: river trip, jeep tour, horseback ride, doggie daycare, and more!
• Train Upgrades (limited availability): Parlor Car ($54more pp), Silver Vista Car ($64 more pp), Cinco Animas Car ($84 more pp), Motor Coach/Train combination ($12 and $17 more pp).